Monday, February 24, 2014

Sewing on Saturday: Workshop celebrating the launch of "Naaien & Stikken"


Do you have them? Those days that are packed with those favourite things like sewing, having coffees, laughing out loud and learning something new all in the same day? A day you just wish does not end. Last Saturday was a day just like it!

I was invited by publisher De Fontein|Tirion to join a workshop together with 14 other bloggers to celebrate the launch of a new book called "Naaien & Stikken". It is the Dutch translation of that wonderful book accompanying the even more fun BBC series "The Great British Sewing Bee". The new series started last Tuesday, 9.00 pm, and I enjoy watching it so much!


But back to Saturday. The workshop took place at Texielstad in Tilburg. It was like walking into a candy store, so many lovely fabrics, pure happiness! And not only do they sell fabric, also every accessory you will need, zippers, buttons, thread, needles and complete sewing machines.

We could all make something out of "Naaien & Stikken". Most of us made aprons, which was so much fun! And I even brought my own sewing machine, so I could get started immediately.


I learnt a lot and enjoyed meeting the women behind several of the blogs I like to find inspiration such as the one of my friend Maaike from creJJtion. Also the ladies behind some of the web shops I go to, to buy my fabrics and haberdashery like VanMarieke and SewNatural were there. It was like meeting someone you already know, I so love how that works. And to my surprise several of them said that they have read my blog or follow me on Instagram, yay!

At the end of the afternoon we all finished our projects and everyone really loved the results! 

I will post more on the book in a few days, including a more elaborate show & tell of the apron I made. If you want to have a look at "Naaien & Stikken" click here. I can definitely recommend it, even if you don't sew, because the pictures in it are so beautiful!

Thanks again so much to the De Fontein|Tirion team for inviting me. Hope to see you soon!

Xoxo, Maartje



1 comment: