Saturday, February 1, 2014

Long time no see!


So... Hello you!

It has been a while. Unintentionally almost nine months passed without any blogging... ~oops!~
That does not mean nothing creative was going on, although I must admit the creative process has been slow in the past few months. Some sewing here and there, some crocheting as well, but nothing special. Did a lot of frogging in the crochet area ~LOL~! Still learning, but there is some progress ~smile~

During the Summer most of my time was spent in taking care of my family. And I love that so much. Adjusting to life with 2 kids has been about finding new balance in everyday things. And there was also my knowing I would not return to my former job which was a blessing on one hand, and a burden on the other. What was great about it, was being able to enjoy my kids so much, especially my baby J. Having him home for over 4 months straight after he was born, was such a joy! And when he started daycare I had some time for myself, which was also very nice.

Simultaneously, my new job and I found each other quite quickly after J was born, so that was such a nice surprise. After lovely summer holidays and after not working for over 6 months (including maternity leave) I started a new job in September. Starting a new job and settling in took more energy than I anticipated and at the same time, I wasn't surprised at all. And I am enjoying it all so much.

That being said, I found myself wanting to get behind my sewing machine again and finding the time to sit down and blog. And all in all the sewing started again when I also took on my new job. Those of you following me on Instagram (@maartjelinnea77) have seen some crafting, creating and crocheting but the blogging was a different ballgame.

So what better way of just starting today. Picking up where I left off. During the next few weeks I will have a show and tell and catch up with you.
Well, I guess that's life for you there and making do with whatever it brings. Have a lovely weekend and hope to see you back here soon!

Love, Maartje



No comments:

Post a Comment